A smile makeover can transform your smile in as little as three weeks. After a comprehensive cosmetic smile assessment, we discuss how best to achieve the most beautiful, natural looking smile, specifically to suit you and your particular features – assessing factors such as your face shape, tooth colour and tooth size.
Many of our patients experience a dramatic increase in their self esteem because often for the first time, they can smile openly with a new level of confidence.
Veneers are a thin piece of porcelain custom made to fit over the front of the tooth, a bit like a false finger nail, but thinner. They are very versatile and can be used for:
- Damaged and chipped teeth – chipped or damaged teeth through trauma or decay can be easily made perfect with porcelain veneers.
- Discoloured teeth – if your teeth are badly discoloured then porcelain veneers may be a better option than tooth whitening. Sometimes tooth whitening does not work because the stains are too deeply ingrained into the enamel. Porcelain veneers can give you a bright beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth – veneers can hide crooked teeth. Orthodontics is another way to straighten crooked teeth but if you do not wish to wear braces for some time (6 – 18 months perhaps) then veneers could be the right option for you, but only if your teeth are not too badly positioned.
- Gaps – this is a common problem that veneers can correct. Gaps can make people embarrassed to smile! Veneers can easily close the gaps and give a beautiful even smile. In many cases gaps can be closed up by not touching the underlying tooth with a drill. These are referred to as no-prep veneers.
- Worn teeth – people who grind or clench their teeth or have an uneven bite tend to wear their teeth down. Porcelain veneers are a brilliant option to restore the teeth to make them look natural again.